Monday 24 October 2011

Underdogs.

"I know how feels to be expect to get a fair shake
but they won't let you forget
that you're the underdog, and you got to be twice as good"

From: Sly & the Family Stone - "Underdog"

So Born to Serve 2011 the Final Top 8 just finished on Saturday night, and we lost our first round against Fresh Formats... Not surprising since Fresh Format's been one of the pioneers of the scene here. But I gotta say we put up a good fight against them. Here's a footage of the battle.


 This event was HUGE. I mean if you get a good look at the stage, its a spacious stage and an audience of 500 could be seated there. As big as the location was, so were the level of b-boys that we were competing against. It was clear from the vibe that we were evidently the underdogs - respectable for improvement, but still not quite the level to be with them.

We did get a lot of props though. T-Jo one of the notable b-boys around in Quebec personally came up to myself and David (Bedaine - my crewmate) and told us how he was shocked to see how much we've improved. We're definitely getting more respected and getting our own spotlight now.

Some MAD inspirations too from the b-girls of Legendary Crew holding it down till the semifinals, and the Ill-abilities Crew going all the up to the FINALS. Truly they displayed what it meant by "No limits, no excuses".

Anyways, I am not delighted about our results quite honestly. Not that I'm start to get cocky or anything, but I feel the greed to push further. I really want to make a mark in this city. Ultimately, this only means one thing - I must train hard. And I mean HARD.-

1 comment: